Here are some skin care tips your dermatologists wants you to know!
- Protect your skin from the sun: Always apply a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher (preferably with water resistance), 15 minutes before stepping outside. This helps prevent skin cancer.
- Self-examine for danger – Do you notice a weird spot on your body? Any changes, itches or sudden bleeding? You must visit your dermatologist to make sure you aren’t developing skin cancer.
- Avoid smoking – Smoking makes you age faster. Smoking also causes wounds to heal slowly. From psoriasis to other harmful skin diseases, smoking causes major skin problems.
- Use suitable skin care products: If you have oily skin then you shouldn’t be using a product that makes your skin more oily. Identify your skin type – dry, oily, normal, a combination of all, or sensitive. Pick out products that suit your specific needs along.
- Wash your face before and after sleeping or sweating: Try to keep your face fresh at all times. Avoid falling asleep with makeup on, or dirt like grime, smog, etc. It is also important to remove the dirt and bacteria that forms on the skin while you’re asleep.Visit your dermatologist if you need further advise and try your best to keep your stress levels low. Keep your skin healthy, stay happy.